Labor Law

Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Apart from the civil claims for payment of accruals, according to article 1 A.N. 690/1945, the non-payment of all types of remuneration (whether salaries or gifts) is a criminal offence, which incurs prison terms and fines (specifically, imprisonment of up to six months and a fine, calculated between from minimum 25% to maximum 50% of the overdue amount). The procedure starts automatically, as long as the employee appeals on the same day of the non-payment to the Prosecutor’s Office/Police.

No. In order for the termination of an open-ended employment contract to be legal, it must be in writing and once notified to the employee, the severance pay must be paid directly to their bank account.

You can file a lawsuit against the employer requesting the recognition of the nullity of the complaint, the obligation to accept your work and, in addition, the payment of overtime wages for each month that he does not accept this work.

Yes. You can file a lawsuit against him requesting additional pay for overtime (20% of the hourly wage), overtime (120% of the hourly wage if it has not been declared in the Ergani system) but also pay for additional work unrelated to the main subject of employment.